Monday, February 1, 2010

Building Bridges in the Elementary Classroom

After completing the photography module assignment, I have been thinking about how to make a connection between what I have learned and how I can use or apply this in my elementary teaching position. I think that having elementary age students take photos and writing about them could be a great way to motivate students to write. I also think that students could learn about how to add descriptive details to their writing through a project similar to the one we did in our grad course. Because students would be writing about a photo that they took, I think they would take pride in their work of art and also be compelled to write about it. This type of assignment also encourages students to think critically about a subject and analyze details.

No comments:

Post a Comment